OUR PASSION AND VISION
Pilates Emporium Wilston is a boutique studio offering Reformer Pilates Classes. Our aim is to improve lives through better tone, core strength, flexibility, movement and posture
We specialise in:
- Injury rehabilitation and prevention
- Pre and post natal exercise, taking pregnant women right through to pregnancy
- Adjusting classes and exercises to suit any age or fitness level, from athletes through to elderly
- regular reformer pilates classes: whereby we cater for beginner through to advanced
- Jumpboard reformer classes: low impact high intensity cardio and strength
- HIIT reformer classes: a combination of cardio, strength and endurance (suitable for experienced clients)
WELCOME TO PILATES EMPORIUM
I first starting practicing reformer pilates in 2013 after struggling to recover from a shoulder operation. Failed attempts at rehabilitation through my regular exercise routine at the gym had left me frustrated. Reformer pilates took my recovery from strength to strength and I was pilates addicted!
In 2014 I completed my training to become a reformer pilates instructor and instructed on a casual basis while I still worked full time in my career as a lawyer.
By the end of 2015 I’d decided a break from the law was in order and in early 2016 I opened my first pilates studio. At this time my intention had been to return to the law someday, even if it was in a part time capacity so that I could continue both facets of my working life. Well those intensions went out the door shortly after I began my first studio. Life had changed and I felt rewarded with a new purpose in helping people feel strong and great about themselves.
I love that I can be teaching a class and have a young burly rugby player working out next to a post-partum mum, and an elderly couple. For me, pilates helps me feel strong mentally and physically, and I’m rewarded having the ability to pass this onto others.