PILATES CLASS DETAILS WILSTON
The Pilates Reformer is an exercise machine used to incorporate the Pilates exercise technique for a challenging and intense workout. Springs, leverage and body weight are used as resistance while performing movements which target specific muscle groups.
Our Reformer classes are small group strength-training classes designed to develop your deepest core muscles, improve tone and speed, prevent and recover from injury, and support, strengthen and sculpt every muscle in the entire body.
We specialise in:
- Injury rehabilitation and prevention
- Pre and post natal exercise, taking pregnant women right through to birth
- Adjusting classes and exercises to suit any age or fitness level, from athletes through to elderly
Utilising the Reformer machine and the principals of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), expect to sweat your way through a combination of cardio, strength and endurance exercises. During this class you’ll be challenged to take your fitness to the next level.
Due to the fast pace of the classes and the goal to increase the heart rate to facilitate increased calorie burn, unfortunately these classes are for experienced clients only and are not suitable during pregnancy or for clients with injuries. We do however cater for pregnancy (right through to birth) and injuries in all of our regular Reformer classes.
Jumpboard classes combine the principals of the Reformer machine and plyometric training. Plyometric exercises:
- increase endurance, strength and power; and
- demand core strength, whole-body coordination, leg and glute work as well as feet and ankle articulation and alignment
You’ll jump and glide through 45 minutes of low impact, high calorie burning cardio exercises.
This class is a combination of dynamic movement and stretching to lengthen and stretch your muscles out and allow for proper muscle recovery.